Location: West Columbia, SC
Duration: 6+ Months
This position serves as a software developer within the testing team, actively participating in debugging and altering code as necessary to ensure testability, robustness and performance. The SDET will design and execute automated and manual tests related to safety products, controls and measurement systems used in the railway maintenance of way domain.
Basic Required Qualifications:
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechatronics with 7 years of experience listed below OR 10+ years of experience listed below (1 Contractor position)
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechatronics with 3 years of experience listed below OR AAS in engineering discipline with 5+ years of experience listed below (3 Contractor positions)
- Experience developing software using C++ and C
- Experience with test automation frameworks using Python (or other scripting languages, such as Bash and/or Bat
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio IDE 2008 - 2017
- Hands-on experience with writing automation test code utilizing tools such as IDEs, LDRA or other similar tools and frameworks that simulate complex multi-system scenarios.
- Experience with a structured software development process such as Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, or other.
- Experience with automated testing types (unit, functional, behavioral, integration, component, end-to-end)
- Design and develop software and processes to test, verify and validate new software.
- Identify areas within software requiring further or varied testing and help design, deploy and administer these tests.
- Create and document methods to confirm that products meet or exceed requirements and
- Design and execute automated test scripts using C/C++, Python, and other scripting languages including Bash and DOS
- Distributed I/O controls experience is a plus.
- Experience with a requirements management system (ex. JAMA)
- Experience with defect tracking software (ex. JIRA)
- Experience with white-box (unit) testing (ex. LDRA Toolsuite) is a plus
- Must be detail oriented
- Essential Functions:
The ability to predictably and regularly attend work. Must be able to occasionally work nights, weekends and variable schedule(s) as necessary