Director of Clinical Optimization Location: San Leandro, CA
- Collaborate with business/operational owners to identify adoption and plan optimization strategies in order to drive, track and achieve expected outcomes/results which may involve re-design and escalation in order to adjust and pivot to meet objectives.
- Coordinates and supports implementation of system-wide initiatives, as assigned, that focus on standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization (such as patient care workflows and products) as defined by Executive Management that contribute to the operational excellence vision/objectives of strategic importance of the Health System.
- Evaluates project efforts and reports out on success via dashboards, opportunities for improvements and learnings that may generate unique insights that can be leveraged to scale or other efforts.
- Manages the planning, design, and overall implementation of transformation strategies including engagement, collaboration and coordination with internal and external stakeholders to identify needs and opportunities, ensure proper identification and allocation of resources to key projects and ensure the effective prioritization of resources for key strategic projects to minimize gaps.
- Regularly facilitates efficient, effective teamâ??s improvement meetings to present, monitor, and discuss progress of the transformation action plan/milestones to achieve high-quality program wide-transformation that deliver timely results.
- Serves as a change agent by promoting, educating and instilling a culture of waste identification/reduction by utilizing lean concepts, principles and tools. Support development and implementation of change management plans and training plans/curriculum to ensure new processes are implemented in an optimal fashion.
- Stay abreast of key industry best practices related to shared-services operational capabilities, and ensure they are appropriately assimilated into the improvement initiatives.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required; Masterâ??s Degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Business Administration or related field required.
Experience: Minimum of five years management level leadership experience required; Experience with clinical process improvement, efforts around reducing clinical variation and project implementation especially in the area of IT systems preferred.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California; BLS Certification issued by the American Heart Association; CNOR or CPAN certification.