Requires the following skills and experience:
BA/BS degree or technical institute training or equivalent workexperience Strong effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- 3+ years of hands on Android development experience
- 5+ years combined of hands on Android or web development experience Expert level Kotlin development skills
- Experience utilizing a dependency injection framework such as Dagger
- Experience consuming REST services and a understanding of Swagger specifications Understanding of security concerns and mitigation strategies when development mobile applications GIT
The most successful candidates will also have experience in thefollowing:
- Atlassian products – BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo
Primary responsibilities include:
Owning the technical delivery of application features targetingthe Android platform.
- Developing and refining the technical architecture used by Android development teams.
- Coaching and mentoring team members on Android (Kotlin) development best practices.
- Defining and enforcing application coding standards and best practices.
- Identifying and resolving technical and process impediments preventing delivery teams from meeting delivery commitments.
- Aligning and collaborating with architects, other team leads, and IT leadership to develop technical architectural runways supporting upcoming features and capabilities.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting performance and other issues.
- Collaborating with peers, reviewing complex change and enhancement requests.
- Evaluating potential changes and enhancements for objectives, scope and impact.
- Taking a proactive approach to development work, leading peers and partners to strategic technical solutions in a complex IT environment.
- Documenting functional/technical requirements and design based on requirements or objectives.
- Developing and maintaining complex components of information systems.
- Mentoring peers on coding standards, patterns and strategy.
- Guiding the team on best practices in Kotlin as well as performing code reviews.
- Creating and performing unit tests, as well as resolving and retesting any defects identified.
- Building and maintaining active relationships with customers to determine business requirements.
- Partnering with other IT teams during integration activities to facilitate successful implementations
- Participating in on-call application support and responding to application issues when identified.
- Communicating effectively with technical peers in a clear manner, while also being able to articulate complex solutions in ways non- technical business partners can understand.