Role:Sr. SAP Functional Manager - Financials
Loc: San Ramon, California
- Define and manage end-to-end processes, functional capabilities and business outcomes related to the SAP platform. The role primarily supports Finance & Controlling functional areas, also expected to support other functional areas as needed.
- Prioritize and coordinate tickets with offshore managed services partners.
- Define and track metrics measuring service performance and periodically review with business users and service providers including AMS vendors.
- Ownership of change management, incident management and problem resolution processes within ITSM framework for the functional area.
- Work with the Project teams to manage smooth transition to steady state.
- Partner with business users to define best practices, and develop functional competencies.
- Manage user adoption for new functionality and support business power users on an ongoing basis.
- Implement ongoing employee training programs to maximize knowledge of SAP capabilities and utilization of the applications to their fullest.
- Support internal and external audits as needed
- Enforce security controls and authorization processes.
- Partner with security and risk teams in implementing process changes to ensure compliance with privacy policies, security audits and certifications.
- Strong customer service orientation is essential.
- 5 years of SAP experience as a functional lead/manager role
- 7+ years of SAP functional experience in Accounting, Finance, controlling and Reporting (SAP FI/CO modules).
- Working knowledge of Order to Cash, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Ecommerce Tax and Payments, FP&A processes is essential.
- Proven ability to drive definition of requirements, evaluate alternatives and implement cost effective solutions to support the business.
- Experience in managing offshore teams, managed service providers, and cloud vendors.
- At least three life cycle SAP project implementation experience will be valuable.
- Strong organization and communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to communicate effectively with business users and AMS vendors.
- Prior experience in managing 7x24 SAP operations is a plus.
- BS or BA in engineering/business/computer science or a related field of study. MBA a plus.
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast paced, agile environment, with a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.