Role:Senior Principal Data Scientist
Loc: Lake County, IL,
Key Responsibilities Include
- Effectively function as a principle investigator, generating new scientific or technological proposals and leading those efforts. Anticipate and critically evaluate scientific or technological advances or competitive threats and respond with appropriate new strategies.
- Think creatively to solve difficult problems that exist throughout the R&D pipeline and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Act as a scientific expert in AI/ML. Explore future directions of machine intelligence and keep abreast of the latest developments. Produce high-quality analyses and codebases that extend the capabilities and impact of the team as a whole
- Supervise a team of technical experts and be independently accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- Work collaboratively alongside senior leadership in multiple business units to understand problems and plan strategy with execution roadmaps.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, and data security.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline applying mathematical and computational approaches to a physical or biological science. PhD in Computer Science or related field and 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or life science preferred. Experience with cheminformatics, bioinformatics, or clinical informatics a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in direct management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Aptitude and proficiency in using AI platforms, technologies, and techniques (e.g. TensorFlow, Apache MXnet, Theano, Keras, CNTK, scikit-learn, H2O, Spark MLlib, etc)
- Understanding of technical architectures and current state of the market in several technology areas. Comfortable in both Windows and Unix environments.
- Experience developing, testing and deploying APIs.
- Passionate about the application of artificial intelligence techniques to tackle difficult technical problems in an agile manner.
- Demonstrated ability in one or more programming languages like Python, Java, R, or Scala
- Exceptional ability to clearly communicate ideas and findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - enthusiastic about sharing knowledge and collaborating with other teams