Business Analyst - Finance Systems Location:East Syracuse, NY
Role:Business Analyst Finance Systems
Location:East Syracuse, NY
- Work with Finance business process owners and relevant Finance stakeholders to translate business requirements to technology solutions related to Accounting, Financial Reporting, Budgeting & Analysis systems
- Responsible for supporting and optimizing ??Core Finance platform including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Asset Management, Travel & Expense and Procurement systems.
- Partners with relevant Finance process owners to prioritize and implement enhancements.
- Develops process flow charts as required to support use case/business requirements understanding
- Maintains system documentation such as system diagrams, integrations, critical, reports, etc. for business unit partners.
- Interacts and attends key meetings with key value add resellers and vendor partners that support business unit partners.
- Works strategically with business unit partners on identifying and researching technology solutions to improve operations of the business.
- Excellent skills in developing use case models, system objectives, interface requirements, integrity requirements, performance and operational requirements.
- Maintains transparent visibility of requirements, issues, direction, decisions, etc., establishing themselves as a trusted advisor to the business
- Negotiates and resolves conflicts between the business and IT
- Interacts with all levels of the company with patience, courtesy, diplomacy and professionalism
- Maintains a positive outlook with an optimistic and professional attitude at all times
- Keeps project managers, team members and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, project status, changes, etc.
- Analyze and design short and long term solutions for Finance systems.
- Plan, organize and conduct workshops to facilitate discussions and decisions for building business applications and strategic plan for business unit partners.
Required Job Qualifications:
- 5+ years of IT industry work experience including finance systems analysis, solution design, and deployment using Workday, Ultimate UltiPro, Oracle ERP applications and/or other major ERP systems.
- Fair Technical knowledge around SQL, PL/SQL, XML for basic troubleshooting.
- Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- The candidate should have good analytical, problem solving skills and a desire to develop new skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language to end users and senior management.
- Ability to exercise independent and autonomous judgment when dealing with competing priorities and initiatives, while keeping management well-informed of issues, progress, status and resolution.
- Responsive to customer needs and highly motivated to improve the processes of the organization.
- A team player outlook with the ability to work well with peers.
- Strong prioritization, communication and multitasking skills a must as the environment is fast paced and dynamic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with credibility at all levels of the organization.
- Strong troubleshooting capability/skills.
- Highly motivated, skilled in multi-tasking and strong communication skills (written and verbal), Must possess the ability and willingness to learn, as well as the ability to participate and contribute in a team environment.
Education: Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science, engineering or related technical field Degree.