Payroll Manager Loc: Syracuse, NY
Job Duties Specific to This Position:
- Manages the day-to-day payroll processing and garnishment functions in accordance with all federal, state and local laws, collective bargaining agreements and corporate policies and procedures.
- Works closely with Human Resources and business leaders to ensure the appropriate application of new or changing collective bargaining agreements and compensation policies.
- Responsible for overall payroll integrity. Meticulously reviews and analyzes payroll data prior to submission to outside payroll processing vendor (ADP). Ensures payroll deductions, changes and fluctuations are accurate, logical, timely and approved.
- Coordinates with regional sites to ensure time is submitted and approved to meet critical processing deadlines.
- Directs compilation and preparation of payroll data such as garnishments, insurance, 401(k), and time/attendance records.
- Employs expertise, credibility and effective partnering to help identify, evaluate, and resolve complex and sensitive issues, problems and service needs.
- Interprets and applies company policies, collective bargaining agreements and government regulations affecting payroll procedures, including employee vacation, sick, holiday, health, welfare, and pension plan rules.
Job Duties as a Manager
- As a Manager, this position is responsible for the ongoing operations and routine decision making within the function, department or site. Emphasis is on executing strategy and tactics. May provide input on strategic matters.
- Interprets and applies organization policy, ensuring all activities are in compliance.
- Delegates, organizes and coordinates the daily operations of departments within the function, department or site.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration required.
- Minimum 5 years of in-house union payroll and benefit experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing a team.
- CPP certification preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of payroll administration and principles, including federal and state wage & hour, tax, defined benefit and defined contribution regulations.
- Extensive experience with ADP desired.
- Excellent prioritization and multitasking skills and the ability to meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent research, computation and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Advanced HRIS, reporting and Excel skills including V-look ups, pivot tables, and other complex functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate in a clear and professional manner.