- Analyze business requirements and define Test Scope.
- Work with Functional Analyst(s) to create Traceability Matrix.
- Identify Test Scenarios and Test Scripts based on business requirements.
- Coordinate with Functional & Business Analysts to write Test Scripts.
- Create and maintain test scenarios.
- Develop and maintain automated regression scenarios.
- Work with the QA and functional/development teams to create test data sets which fully exercise data validation and end-to-end system functionality
- Identify and track defects when test failures occur, narrowing the root cause to enable efficient investigation
- Support User Acceptance Testing
- Participate in QA process improvement initiatives and cross-team
- Assist in the management of operational requests and troubleshoot issues, working with diverse user groups
Analysis: Analytical skill is the ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts, and make decisions that make sense based on available information.
Communication: Builds positive relationships, uses tact in sensitive situations; listens well to various points of view; relates well to others at all levels. Understands the importance of relationships to ensure team success; demonstrates compassion and understanding; open to other view points in the interest of achieving best possible outcomes.
Technical Expertise: Maintains technically relevant skills and demonstrates the ability to apply technical skills in solving business/technical problems.
Innovation: Utilizes a multifaceted approach to problem solving; rapidly assimilates data/information to generate new ideas; is comfortable with being an early adopter of new ideas, methods, and technologies; remains current with new trends and ideas.
Flexibility: Easily adapts to new methods and procedures; assists others; embrace disruptions as opportunities for improvement; responds to change initiatives with positive outlook and energy.
Action Orientation: Takes initiative and action with a drive to achieve and be successful; seeks out challenging situations; encourages others with positive and energetic support and enthusiasm.
Business Acumen: Understands and applies general business practices where appropriate; ability to articulate business value propositions to customers, supervisors, and peers.
Results Focused: Ability to define and create visibility around success metrics and how they will be measured; proactively seeks out progress updates from team members to ensure risk mitigation to defined success criteria; willingness to put forth the necessary effort to ensure challenges and obstacles are overcome and keep projects on track.
- Bachelor??s degree in IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- 0 - 2 year of experience in QA, specifically experience testing across an SAP landscape, working on QA strategy and approach in an SAP environment.
- Functional Knowledge on SAP modules such as CRM, ECC, SCM, EWM and BI
- QA/testing background with familiarity with Test Lifecycle activities
- Experience working with Functional Consultants & Business team to understand functional requirements and to devise appropriate test scenarios.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced changing environment -- multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Hands-on experience with testing tools such as HPQC/ALM
- Experience with measuring quality and reporting on testing status.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Worksoft tool is added advantage.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of QA concepts and development principles (e.g. Functional, Integration, Regression, Unit Test)
- Knowledge of test case scripting practices.
- Knowledge of automation methodologies or tools (e.g., Worksoft, QTP, etc.)