Business & Data Analyst Location:Brecksville, OH
Role:Business & Data Analyst
- Develop and maintain reporting and analytics to provide intelligence and business metrics to multiple business units throughout the organization.
- Act as a liaison between business units to gather and communicate essential information for improvement efforts
- Responsible for scoping, researching, designing and developing reporting for assigned business unit(s). These reporting needs will include work queue reporting up to executive dashboards.
- Work closely with project leaders throughout the organization to identify and evaluate business requirements.
- Provide feedback on data reporting such as, but not limited to identifying trends and analysis.
- Create and facilitate efficient and cost effective solutions and analyze systems specification to meet business requirements.
- Create accurate documentation that may include aspects such as business requirements, customer requirements, and technical specifications, which can be utilized in a repeatable process.
- Act as point of contact to research IT systems current usage and make necessary recommendations on systems improvement and efficiency.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Any other projects or duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualities
- Knowledge in working with relational databases (SQL Server) and/or Tableau.
- Aptitude for new concepts, especially as they relate to technology and analytics.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues quickly, and find solutions to solving them independently in a timely manner.
- Exhibit intermediate-level, at a minimum, knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Excel, and other business intelligence/reporting applications.
- Strong knowledge of IT processes and willingness to constantly update knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Mortgage experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, not requiring significant direction. Flexibility and adaptability in a fluid and rapidly changing environment.
- Willingness to do more than basic job requirements.
- BA/BS with a major in business, accounting, finance, or technical preferred, or equivalent and related experience.
- Minimum 2 years of Data analysis and data mining skills.
- Minimum 2 years of reporting or analytics experience in banking or the mortgage industry preferred.
- Knowledge of mortgage banking terminology and process.
- SQL experience desired.
- Strong demonstrated analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Good presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in: all Microsoft Office Products, especially Microsoft Excel and an ability to grasp and understand all pertinent company computer systems.
- Excellent communicator and team player who relates well to others.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to be flexible.
- Self-driven with a keen sense of delivering completed projects in a timely manner