Front-End Developer Loc Washington,DC Du: 6 m+ Rate: Open
- 2-3 month contract (Extension Possible)Washington,DC
- Looking for a front-end web designer with a graphic/digital designer background for flyers, activities, postcard invitations, printed and digital materials
- A very strong graphic designer who has experience in web.
- Needs to have a little HTML and CSS. See the skills highlighted below.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- The Digital Designer and Front End Developer is a critical member of the Marketing team.
- Candidate is responsible for applying inbound marketing strategies and techniques to support the efforts of Marketing and Development team.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in web design, paired with the ability to analyze data and monitor web successes to influence digital strategy.
- Position requires a combination of programming skills (PHP, HTML, CSS, Java Script, etc.) and aesthetics (understanding element arrangements on the screen, the color and font choices).
- Candidate has a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design is critical.
- An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment is preferred.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Provides art direction, designs page layouts, and develops and implementswebpages that are consistent with overall brand and reflect knowledge of usability.
- Creates graphics (social media, website banners, headings, logos, photography, illustration) for use on the website and print materials for marketing campaigns.
- Designs newsletters, announcements, invitations, presentation templates, brochures, ads, signage and handouts.
- Solves coding problems and ensures the technical aspects of websites are maintained through Expression Engine.
- Provides maintenance including posting and formatting of new web content, reformatting/updating existing content, and broken link maintenance.
- Conducts website traffic reporting and analysis of site usage, marketing and competitive research to inform and improve site experience and performance.
- Conducts ongoing research to keep abreast of industry trends with respect to web technology and digital marketing strategies.
- Ensures the integrity and consistency of brand across all web properties and print materials.
- Works with stakeholders to assess requirements and priority of projects.
- Develops individual work plan based on these requirements.
- 5 years web design experience that includes graphic design and front-end web design
- 5 years experience required in web design for interactive media, communications, public relations or media relations
- Must be comfortable working with responsive layouts and designs
- Experience with Expression Engine and Luminate (Convio) Nonprofit Email Software is a plus
- Experience with scripting technologies
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced knowledge in responsive design, web usability, accessibility concepts; user interface design.
- Strong graphic design sensibilities with strong grasp of color theory, and typology principles and experience in print production a plus.
- Understanding of overall marketing strategies and ability to intelligently and efficiently integrate strategies into website and print materials.
- Ability to generate highly creative web/print designs under tight deadlines and work on multiple projects concurrently in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to proactively take initiative and to follow through on projects with superior attention to detail.
- Proven organizational skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and contractors.
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Arts, Multimedia Design, Computer Science, Business or related field
- Portfolio demonstrating creative capabilities and technical experience