Supply Chain Planner LOC : Grand Rapids, MI,
- Develops and leads processes to optimize supply chain performance against key performance indicators to ensure the right balance of merchandising, transportation and supply chain considerations are made to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Conducts analysis to determine the application of flow and inventory strategies such as regionalization/centralization, direct import, forward buys or direct to store delivery
- Develops and reports on various supply chain design scenarios to help identify optimal uses of the network.
- Sets metrics and monitors performance metrics to identify opportunities for improvement
- Conducts analysis on key performance indicators, identifies opportunities for improvement, determines root cause and develops plan to resolve.
- Leads execution of resolution.
- Leads projects with appropriate project management processesPlans and leads projects using standard project management methodologies including Lean / Six Sigma.
- Works with merchandising, merchandise planning and operations resources to execute plans.
- Presents, communicates and manages expectations regarding supply chain planning and optimization with internal and external resources.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
Strong analytical skills
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or equivalent retail experience.
- Combined 3 years of experience in supply chain management, inventory, supply chain operations or vendor performance management.
- In depth knowledge of supply chain from vendor to guest.
- Knowledge of supply chain best practices, inside the retail industry segment.
- Knowledgeable of LEAN Six Sigma principles and standard project management processes.
- Intuitive ability to recognize innovative opportunities that could be applied to .
- In depth knowledge of vendor relationships.
- Understanding of specific category product lines and core customer behavior.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and expertise that inspires confidence in teams.
- Office computer skills; able to learn company systems and tools, preference for Microsoft application experience.
- Strong analytical skills. Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills.
- Successful candidates will have a strong curiosity to exploring new data sources and tools.
- Previous SQL or other coding experience a plus.