QA Engineer Loc:Boston ,MA
- The purpose of Quality Assurance and Software Testing is to provide the means and also the measures for testing all the aspects of a software solution, both functionally and technically, in order to meet the requirements and overall quality of the intended solution.
- The QA Engineer is responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
- The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy- and / or external systems.
- The QA Engineer will perform these tasks by using tools to create automated scripts and scheduled routines to test all functionality.
- The QA Engineer must ensure that testing is well defined, planned and executed.
- The QA Engineer does this by ensuring that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and resolved before the product goes live.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and driven to excel in a work hard, play hard environment.
- The Web Development team is located in Boston and quickly growing as our business expands.
- Quality Assurance (QA) Database Testing - tests the database portion of the software solution, and how the database interacts with the software solution.
- Automated Testing - designs automated test scripts and deploys these scripts using automation softwareAbility to test and break website across browsers and across devices to proactively search for bugs and flaws.
- Develop, document and maintain test cases for QA, and Automated Testing.Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, acceptance criteria, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Bachelors Degree or other 4 year college degree program3+ years of relevant QA technical experienceExperience using automated testing tools such as Selenium or other similar tools.