Oracle BI Analyst -OBIEE, 11G, SQL, Location:New York, NY
Oracle BI Analyst -OBIEE, 11G, SQL,Location:
New York, NYJob description
- The Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) Data Analyst is needed to support the Finance and Operational groups with reports and analyses.
- The Oracle BI Data Analyst will: Interface daily with the business team members (Finance and Operations) in order to develop and provide reports and other analyses out of the Oracle system.
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements from subject matter experts
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources
- Design and test Oracle BI reportsDevelop reporting for newly acquired (or internally developed) business entities or product lines
- Perform ad hoc detailed analyses (as needed)Perform system integration testing (as needed), including coordination of user testing and approvals
- Collaborate with the Oracle Business Systems and Business Intelligence groups
- 3+ years experience developing and implementing enterprise-scale reports and dashboards, including:Working with users in a requirements analysis role
- Extensive experience with data warehouse implementations.
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional).
- Must have strong Oracle knowledge and the ability to write Complex SQL (PL SQL is a bonus).
- We are an Oracle shop.
- The Data Warehouse is currently running 11G.
- Ability to analyze data in databases (SQL) and spreadsheets (MS Excel pivot tables) and to present analysis and recommendations.
- Proficiency with Oracle BI Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 11G.
- Performance tuning experience related to reporting queries required.
- Experience turning technical concepts and data points into business decision supporting conclusions.
- Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with complex data and structures.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Business, or equivalent professional education/experience
- Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to listen to user requirements and convey messages in a clear, concise, and empathetic manner using the appropriate communication medium.
- Strong desire to keep abreast of latest Oracle releases
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Good understanding of business strategy, basic corporate finance and general management KPIs.
- Excellent data analysis and problem solving skillsHigh level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Ability to present highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong organizational skillsAbility to work together in a team, as well as, take the lead
- Strong internal motivation / self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills are required to support working in project environments that includes internal, external and customer teams.