Embedded Hardware & Software Engineer Location: Anderson, SC
Embedded Hardware & Software Engineer Location:
Anderson, SC ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently designs electronic hardware and software of electronic controls and control systems having significant technical content.
- Design, document and implement modular embedded software, algorithms, low level drivers, digital signal acquisition, and communications protocol.Hardware and software design of capacitive touch user.
- Develop detailed engineering documentation including block diagrams, schematics, fabrication and assembly drawings, component drawings, specifications, source code, compiled firmware and test procedures including FCT and ICT specifications.
- Develop and document functional and technical specifications to implement software, hardware, components, and related features based off of a variety of requirement inputs including: consumer, marketing, and industrial design.
- Determine and present the benefit of product design re-use from existing products and modify existing designs as input to new products where applicable.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, and apply best design practices to ensure successful product introduction using tools such as: Toll gate development process, risk assessments, design reviews, & DFMEAs.
- Exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking, and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.
- Works closely with manufacturing to ensure the smooth transition of new designs into the production process including support past pilot run and into full manufacturing ramp up.
- Participates in cross functional team meetings and associated activities.
- Participates in global team meetings and associated activities.
- Participates in system and subsystem reviews.
- Review hardware and software designs for local & global designs.
- Assist and mentor other team members for any hardware/software issues.
- Ensure that the proper documentation is completed before design release.
- Review new hardware technologies available on the market & determine any benefit to refrigeration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelors Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years related engineering experience is required. Masters degree is preferred.
- Experience with design, application, and manufacturing of various electronic devices and electrical components.
- Specific examples include printed circuit board assemblies; microcontroller based electronics, AC and DC fans, wiring harness assemblies, membrane/micro switch components and LED lighting.
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in conceiving and developing embedded hardware and software controls, control systems, and user interfaces.
- Experience with software design for microcontroller-based applications including software engineering best practices, development tools, and debug techniques, like Eclipse, JTAG, BDM, etc.
- using ANSI C programming language. Assembly and other programming languages are a plus.
- Experience with ST, Freescale and other microprocessors and development environments/tools including various compilers and debuggers.
- Proficient in schematic and circuit design and layout using Cadence or similar system for single-sided, double-sided, and multi-layer PCB design.
- Hands on ability using electronics lab equipment including oscilloscopes, function generators, signal analyzers, multimeters, etc.Experience with tools associated with new project development activities including stage gate development processes, DFMEA, design reviews, project planning, part tracking and milestone schedule management.
- Ability to work as an integral, contributing member of both domestic and international technical electronics development teams.Ability to organize and manage workload in order to effectively support multiple projects.
- Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats.
- Experience with computer applications: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Visio.
- Understanding of design for manufacturing assembly (DFMA) principals to facilitate design integration into the manufacturing process.
- Strong knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes.Experience with ARM Architecture.
- Experience with refrigeration systems, consumer goods, and/or appliance industry.
- Prior roles working safety agencies (UL, CSA, TUV, etc.).
- Design with Bluetooth, 802.11, RFID, and other wireless technologies.
- Experience with self and/or mutual capacitance technology.