Systems Engineer IV - Cloud Architect Location:Colorado Springs, CO
Systems Engineer IV - Cloud Architect Location:
Colorado Springs, CO Requirements:
- 10 years of technical experience in systems integration and development.
- Bachelor\'s degree from an accredited institution or 6 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- Possess and maintain DoD 8570 certification requirements equivalent for IAT Level II.
- Final Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Proficient in Linux / CentOS / UNIX Operating environments
- Proficient in VMware ESXi and vSphere 5.1
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Active Directory (AD) using Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7.
- Proficient with Cisco IOS- Proficient with TCP/IP and Cloud based networking.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Experience with RESTful Web Services and code/build/deployment technologies.
- Experience troubleshooting and solving cloud performance and scaling issues.
- Experience with production-level programming and knowledge of multiple coding languages (i.e., Ruby, Pearl, Scala, JAVA, C, C++, Python, etc.).
- Experience with batch and stream processing technologies and platforms / handling large amounts of data sets which include a variety of data formats.
- Experience with data access changes between traditional RDBMS, Cloud columnar DBMS, and Triple-store DBMS.
- Familiarity with ACAS to scan & mitigate vulnerabilities in a mixed network environment.
- Install, configure, test, and management of cloud component systems.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot cloud system/subsystems (i.e., HDFS, Hadoop, Accumulo, Storm, Kafka, etc) and any associated data feeds.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and provide system administration of virtual environments.
- Install new software releases and system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software conflicts
- Identify, troubleshoot, and restore network, server, and client systems as outages occur or as needed on a daily basis.
- Lifecycle and install new physical and virtual servers as needed.
- Provides in-depth customer interface for all technical issues relating to cloud system to include coordination with any external DoD or government agencies and contractors.
- Support Information Assurance with accreditation of cloud systems.
- Utilize network scanning tools to assess vulnerability status and mitigate vulnerabilities on a monthly basis.
- Document cloud architecture, performance risks, results and analysis, and define metrics for tracking cloud infrastructure and foundation services performance.
- Assist analytic development engineers with data management and future development needs as required.
- Assist with translation of structured and unstructured data-sets into cloud storage technologies.
- Provide support in developing systems to exploit commercial off the shelf (COTS), Government off the shelf (GOTS), and emerging technologies to improve cloud capabilities to include requirement analysis, solutions development; life-cycle maintenance, and performance measurement.
- Research, develop and implement Concept of Operations (CONOPS), recommend physical location, communications architectures, and document TTPs developed through user feedback of the project.