Senior Business Intelligence Architect Location: Palatine,IL
Senior Business Intelligence Architect Location:
Palatine,ILResponsibilities of this role:
- Support North America Data Warehouse Environment:For Data conversion activities and provide efficient knowledge transfer to local teams.
- To provide validated and qualified data sources (stacks) with respect to business subject areas (Finance, Marketing, etc.).Improve and progress on data preparation and data error resolution (in the data stacks and sources, along with possible warehouse filtering)Provide expertise in Data warehouse construction and engineering, Data source identification and engineering, network connectivity for data feeds, data modeling, character translation, display construction, and dashboard facilities, including the construction of user self-service capabilitiesProvide ad hoc reporting construction using business user requirements and industry standardsLead and support the Regional team with methodologies, tools and technical knowledge; and act as interface to Global Data Systems team and Regional Team.
- Support Regional and Global Data Migration Projects as requiredEnsure availability of necessary Data and its availability Management tools and platforms, including liaison with Systems Operations personnel and key vendors.
- Provide feed-back to Business Intelligence management team in order to improve Data Acquisition and Warehousing Methodologies and tools.
- In constant contact with Global Data Factory team to smooth exchanges between the Global Data Factory and regional project team.Drive data display and dashboard user workshops in the data technology expertise domain.
- Provide effective feedback to local team and to Business Intelligence ManagerThe right candidate will have the following capabilities and experience:8-12 years of experience in Data Warehousing, Data modeling, Database systems and ETL softwareDemonstrated experience in architectural planning and execution in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Technologies and applicationsExpert knowledge of ETL functionality and tools such as Informatica, MS SSIS, or Data StagePreferable experience working in a matrix environment for a large global organization.
- Data Warehousing and Data management domainsData modeling technologies and functional toolsData Sourcing and Data Analytic tools & functional areasData Normalization, Filtering, and Migration processWorking knowledge of RDBMs such as Oracle, and SQL scripting languages such as PL/SQL.Demonstrated ability to assess Data Management tools and processesDemonstrated ability to understand and integrate Data from multiple organization, domains, and activities into Business Intelligence toolsGeneral knowledge of ERP (SAP, Oracle, Baan, MS Dynamics) and CRM (SalesForce.com) systems architecture and functionGeneral knowledge of analytics, heuristics translation, display, and dashboard reporting tools such as OBI, Tableau , Domo, or CognosA Bachelor degree in technology or equivalent experience in data management, integration or data warehousing