Oracle (EPM) / HFM Hyperion Location: Nashville, TN
The Sr. Software Designer - Oracle is responsible for configuring, implementing, maintaining, and enhancing Oracle SAAS platform in finance, accounting, procurement, planning & budgeting, and ARCS business function areas.
This role is a techno-functional role that negotiates system architectural needs, analyzes system and business needs, and makes recommendations for systems enhancements and modernization.
Works in partnership with user departments and other technology teams to assist in the implementation of work requests and to provide articulated business value and operational support for the Oracle suite of systems.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities.
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and updates the Oracle cloud applications Maintains integrations for Oracle with other systems/applications
- Thought Leader in partnering with business users and technical teams in implementing changes and delivering on business value Collaborates with external product and integration vendors to resolve system and business process issues
- Coaches other team members in providing on-going support for Oracle application configuration and changes on an on-going basis
- Analyzes business value and recommends solutions to integrate Oracle financial applications with other applications/software/system components
- Troubleshoots end-user issues with the Oracle product and performs activities to address unexpected function errors or potentially needed enhancements
- Expertly utilizes multiple development tools and maintains an expert level knowledge of Oracle ERP and EPM suites
- Promotes quality by performing change reviews, developing and enforcing standards, recognizing system deficiencies, and implementing effective solutions coaching other team members in this domain
- Develops and maintains technical documentation and promotes the use of existing documentation
- Responds to the needs of internal and external clients and clearly articulates advanced level ideas and plans with clients and team members
- Mentors less experienced team members
- Actively seeks and participates in personal and team development opportunities and maintains knowledge in Oracle cloud applications
- Monitors Oracle financials cloud industry trends and developments to improve system design and customer service.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities.
- Available to provide on-call support after hours and on weekends as necessary
- May participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies
- Presents information to clients and peers Performs other special projects or duties as assigned
- Provides trending and related support for production issues as needed.
- Techno-Functional experience with Oracle Financials Cloud (GL, AP, AR, FA, FAH, PO) Techno-Functional experience with Oracle EPM Modules (ARCS, EDMCS, EPBCS, FCCS)
- Experience with month and year end close financial reporting processes Solid experience with business value articulation, analysis, design, development, customization, configuration, testing and documentation
- Strong functional and technical knowledge of interfaces, conversions, reports
- Experience with business process mapping and setting up workflows
- Experience with building training plans and training end users in Oracle features Solid experience with system administration activities which includes application user setup, register menus, reports, flex fields, value sets, request groups and managing concurrent programs
- Experience with FBDI, ADFDI templates Prefer experience with ODI and OCI Demonstrated record of successful, complex system implementations
- Experience with Agile/Lean Methodologies, Principals, systems, and tools Solid experience applying methodologies to design and implement projects
- Ability to successfully manage competing demands in a changing technical environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to develop technical and business solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation creation and delivery Strong collaboration skills with the ability to build consensus, influencing across all levels in the organization
- Ability to lead others through projects Ability to explain and communicate technical concepts clearly
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment to achieve desired results
- Ability to work extended hours as needed Identifies systemic gaps and possible solutions for continuous improvements and modernization of Oracle and related toolsets.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and/or education 5+ years of relevant functional and technical experience in Oracle cloud required
- Financial services experience and professional insurance designations are preferred.
- We don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community.
- Client's is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.