We focus on a holistic approach to patient care by incorporating behavioral health, pharmacy, and nutrition support to serve patients in the most meaningful way.
You will work with incredibly dedicated and mission-centered peers and be part of a dynamic team based environment.OpportunityProvides psychiatric care to patients in a primary care clinic, diagnosing, triaging, and providing prescription medications for a complex patient population with behavioral and mental health diagnoses. Develops treatment plans and provides brief intervention strategies for patients. Collaborates and consults with medical providers, behavioral health consultants, mental health providers, and other care partners to ensure safe, effective, high quality treatment for patients.
- Provides direct patient care within the scope of psychiatry in an outpatient primary care setting.
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats acute and chronic mental health conditions.
- Uses current evidence-based guidelines in creating diagnostic and treatment plans;
- utilizing tools such as "Up to Date".
- Maintains accurate electronic health records of patients and completes documentation in timely manner.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience working with low-income populations preferred.
- Experience working on computers including typing/keyboarding skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively and respectfully handle dissatisfied patients.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of health insurance plans.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to train and teach staff.
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements including CLIA and OSHA standards.
- Ability to work with practice management software.
Education Required Masters or better
Licenses & Certifications
- CPRDEA Certificate
- Drivers License
- Psychiatric NP
- Experience 3 years: A minimum of three years experience in a primary care setting.