- A Nurse Aid is an auxiliary helper who works under the supervisor of the Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse. The Nurse Aid must be neat and clean. He/ She must be cooperative, able to take instructions and to carry out orders given him/her by the Supervisor. Must be in good mental and physical condition. Must be patient, kind, tactful and considerate of the needs and feelings of those he/she cares for and those with whom he/she works, be observant. Have a genuine interest in geriatric nursing.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Has completed or is in the process of completing the educational training program approved by the State and hold a current certificate from the State of Pennsylvania.
- Certification in CPR.
- Is responsible for obtaining 12 hours of staff development yearly to maintain certification.
- Verbal ability is required to communicate with residents and to understand instructions received from the nursing staff.
- Manual dexterity is required to move and use hands easily and skillfully while aiding residents.
- Must enjoy working with elderly.
- Standing and walking most of the time on duty.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling residents, carts and wheelchairs.
- Handing, reaching and feeling when distributing supplies and equipment and checking resident.
This job description sets forth the“Essential Functions” for the position listed above. Any inability to performany of these functions may disqualify you as an applicant from furtherconsideration for this position.
Is responsible for the care of the residents assigned to herand for the appearance of each unit. To help help other aids as needed. Tocooperate with other shifts. To teach new aids the routine of your shift. Toobserve and report immediately to the Supervisor and changes in residents’condition. Handle residents in a manner conductive to their safety and comfort.
- Be on duty on time.
- Attend report and receive assignment.
- Answer telephone when necessary and deliver messages.
- Use the phone with permission. Advise family and friends that only emergency calls from them may come into the facility during working hours.
- Serve and prepare diet trays, and assist with feeding, or feed resident.
- Is aware of basic nutritional needs and assist with dressing, giving special skin care when necessary.
- Bathe, shampoo if necessary, and assist with dressing, giving special skin care when necessary.
- Comb hair, clean teeth, cut fingernails, shave, help apply make-up.
- Measure and record intake and output when required.
- Assist in moving and lifting residents in and out of bed using the lift wherever necessary.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards within assigned duty areas.
- Assist with bathroom training.
- Answer call bells promptly.
- Clean and care for equipment for sterilizing and utilize the sterilizer.
- Report immediately all changes in condition of the resident, changes in personality, change in skin such as red or broken areas.
- Follow ADL Kardex and chart care given accurately.
- Take temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure as required.
- Take 02 Sat when instructed.
- Weigh all residents and record in weight book as per schedule. Report increase or decrease of 5lbs to Charge Nurse.
- Be discrete in handling confidential information.
- Actively participate in the Restorative Nursing Program under the direction of the Charge Nurse or Restorative Nurse.
- Function as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Promotes safety to prevent injury to a resident, families and other staff members.
- Practices cost-containment.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the facility and promotes a positive image of the institution.
- Performs all other duties and assignments as requested by the Director of Nursing and/or Charge Nurse.
The nature of the Medical Centeris such that patients must be cared for 24 hours a day, every day. Therefore,the Medical Center has a seven (7) day work schedules must be arranged toprovide care around the clock. Employees must accept the philosophy that inemergency situations and when necessary, to maintain good staffing pattern intheir departments, they will be required to work shifts and assignments otherthan their normal schedule.
CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, Renova, PA, Pennsylvania, Full time, Hiring Immediately-,Contract